Tuesday, July 31, 2012

San Ramon Church








San Ramon Church is a lovely open air building with terraces all around and a high ceiling above the wooden pews. On Sunday, the parishioners attend one of two services. The mass is in Tagalog but the sermon is a mixture of both English and Tagalog.  The priest included the "visitors from California" in his sermon.  As the procession made its way down the aisle, Father spotted me in the fifth row and stopped for a chat.  He wanted to know where I was from and why I was in Dinaluphan.  The conversation lasted five minutes and as you can imagine, I felt every eye on me.  I would have told him anything he asked.  As it turned out, he was interested in the contribution that all of the Peace Corps volunteers were making in the community and acknowledged our presence.  I look forward to my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment