Saturday, May 5, 2012

What side of the road should you drive on?

I have been driving since I was sixteen and I use both my conscious decision making skills and my reflexes to navigate. When I was in Australia, New Zealand and Ireland, the latter was not effective. To compensate,  I rented a GPS device.  What a life saver!  The voice walks you through the turns and in the case of the roundabouts, the exits.  If it were not for this little gem of a machine, I would still be driving on a back road in northern New Zealand. I will soon be heading to the Philippines and I have researched which side of the road they drive on. I am relieved to say, the right.  Now,  I just have to contend with the traffic.  Rumor has it that you can only drive on certain days of the week because they have more cars then road space. This bring up my other nemesis, mopeds.  After a nasty fall in Greece, I have a fear of hitting the gravel. So I guess it will be buses, boats or my own two feet. We'll see where that takes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment