Friday, May 25, 2012

Energizing Yoga






Namaste.  Welcome to Energizing Yoga.  I signed up for my first yoga class two years ago and I have been attending ever since.  This commitment is due to the personal benefits that I get from attending.  Yoga is defined many ways. If you Google Wikipedia, there are pages of definitions and one gets lost in the verbiage.  The easiest explanation if that it is an ancient discipline/meditation that originated in India and combines our physical, mental and spiritual selves to gain a "higher" mental state. The Hindu developed Hatha or asanas postures.  The postures help to tone the internal organs and our muscles. I can see and feel the benefits of yoga.  For me it helps with breathing and heart rate.  Other benefits are:  improved cognition, reduction of stress levels and help with insomnia. I have a wonderful teacher, Irene Bersola Nguyen, and equally talented and dedicated classmates.  Many of my fellow yoga partners have been in the class since it started. If you would like to join us, call Arden Manor Community Center.  We are currently meeting on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 until 6:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment